If you have lived or worked in Kenya, are a Kenya resident or student visiting the UK, or would simply like to know more about one of Africa’s most beautiful countries, the Kenya Society offers a stimulating environment for you to increase your knowledge and keep in touch.
- Talks: Eminent speakers regularly address members on subjects as diverse as books, conservation and progress in Kenya.
- Social events: Social and fundraising events throughout the year, including the High Commissioner’s Summer Garden Party and our Annual Lunch.
- Newsletter: Receive our online newsletter Habari to keep up-to-date with the Society’s activities and news from Kenya.
- Online forums: Connect with members online through Facebook and Twitter.
- Bring a guest: Members are welcome to bring guests to our free events for a £5 token fee (other than the Summer Garden Party, which is £20). Of course, guests are welcome to join on the spot, obviating the need to pay the fee!
To strengthen links between Kenya and Britain, we offer honorary membership to the present and past Kenya High Commissioners in London and the current diplomatic staff at the Kenya High Commission.
Annual membership rates
- Single: £20
- Couple: £30
- Student £10
- Family: £50
- Corporate: £100
*those applying for a Student Membership will need to send a copy of their student ID when applying
*Family Membership includes 2 adults and 2 children under 18 years, and Corporate membership includes 6 applicants
Annual membership runs for a calendar year starting on January 1st. If you join in October or later, your first annual membership subscription will extend to the end of December the following year.
Please email email@example.com with any other queries.
Constitution of the Kenya Society
Our Constitution sets out the objectives of the Kenya Society, the responsibilities of the Committee and conditions of membership. Read more about our Constitution.
Share your love for Kenya
0207 922 7712
c/o Raitt Orr & Associates
32-36 Loman Street
London SE1 0EH